What our customers are saying about DRAQ7™
Dr. Richard Crispin
This has enabled us to do experiments that were not otherwise possible before. Not only is it a much cleaner signal than other viability dyes, but the fact that it is non-toxic has enabled us to do time courses with the same samples. We have performed 3D spheroid experiments over a 4-week period, reading plates every 72 hours with zero toxicity! It therefore saves us large amounts of money that would have been spent on ending experiments at each time point using toxic dyes. Highly recommended!
Dr. Gareth Griffiths
- DRAQ7™ is a small molecule closely related to DRAQ5™. It has peak absorbances at 600nm and 646nm. It fluoresces in the far-red / near infra-red (NIR) peaking at 697nm (bound to dsDNA). On a flow cytometer it is possible to detect DRAQ7™ using blue laser (488nm) excitation.
- NO fluorescence enhancement upon DNA binding
- low photobleaching effect
- compatible with optics of flow, laser scanning cytometers and confocal and lamp-based fluorescence microscopes
Multi-wavelength imaging with UV / vis fluorochromes:
DRAQ7™ is an ideal far-red DNA counterstain for IF/IHC, high content screening and cell-based assays. DRAQ7™ has many applications and is highly compatible with existing protocols across a wide range of instrumentation platforms. Key benefits include:-
- does NOT enter intact, live cells
- it is excited by blue through red lasers
- DRAQ7™ is NON-TOXIC in long-term culture
- an ideal replacement for propidium iodide (and 7-AAD) having far better spectral properties: no UV excitation and no emission overlap with PE and homologues
- allows a new design of combination analysis for cell health and status
- viability/integrity can be directly interchanged with DRAQ5™ (DNA content)
- rapid staining of dsDNA/nuclei of DEAD or permeabilised cells
- combination with live cell dyes for dead/live discrimination
- easy to use - no wash, no RNase needed
- ideal for use with GFP & FITC labels - DRAQ7™ fluoresces in the far-red region
- Cost-effective analysis
- DRAQ7™ is supplied as a blue aqueous solution in two concentrations: 0.3mM and 1.0mM.
- Products are shipped at ambient temperature, but on receipt packs should be stored at 2-8°C. Do NOT freeze!
- DRAQ7™ can be diluted in culture media (e.g. RPMI 1640) and physiological buffers (eg PBS, Hanks’s, etc.) and mixed with fixatives such as formaldehyde.
You can find much more technical information in the folders below:-
You can view, share and download the information below by clicking on the links:-
DRAQ7™ Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
DRAQ7™ EX and EM SPECTRA Raw Data (XLSX)
DRAQ7™ Poster: Facile Compensation-Free Dead Cell Exclusion (PDF)
Channel Free Dead Cell Exclusion with DRAQ7™ - White Paper (PDF)
Application of DRAQ™ dyes in single cell transcriptomics and genomics - White Paper (PDF)
Single Cell Transcriptomics & Genomics - Sample Preparation - White Paper (PDF)
There are many useful independent references for DRAQ7™ online. We have listed some popular papers in the link below for your convenience:
DRAQ7™ Popular References (PDF)
Alternatively you can use the Google Scholar facility below to find exactly what you are looking for. Just type other keywords alongside the product name - such as cell type, instrumentation, research area - in the search box below and Google Scholar will find all of the relevant references online!
SAFETY DATA SHEET
What our Customers are saying about DRAQ7™:-
- "This has enabled us to do experiments that were not otherwise possible before. Not only is it a much cleaner signal than other viability dyes, but the fact that it is non-toxic has enabled us to do time courses with the same samples. We have performed 3D spheroid experiments over a 4-week period, reading plates every 72 hours with zero toxicity! It therefore saves us large amounts of money that would have been spent on ending experiments at each time point using toxic dyes. Highly recommended!
Dr. Gareth Griffiths, Imagen Biotech