What our customers are saying about HypoxiTRAK™
HypoxiTRAK™ is a novel biomarker, ideal for use in flow cytometry and imaging to:
(i) report the degree of hypoxic experience of cells
(ii) identify the functionally hypoxic fraction of cells within in a population.
Be one of the first to review HypoxiTRAK™. Just click "leave a review" on the Select Science widget and we will publish your experience here.
The far red fluorescent HypoxiTRAK™ molecular probe is designed to convert exclusively in hypoxic cells to a bioactive metabolite that retains the parent molecule fluorophore but which now accumulates in cells to provide a positive and persistent far red fluorescent signature.
- HypoxiTRAK™ is a member of the anthraquinone family and shares spectral characteristics with the related cell permeant DNA dye DRAQ5™.
- HypoxiTRAK™ is designed to activate by bioreduction at biologically relevant levels of hypoxic environments (e.g. tumour cores) compared to normal tissues.
- The bioactive metabolite accumulates in cells, proportional to the hypoxia experienced, providing a persistent far-red fluorescent signature and induces cell arrest thereby marking and ‘freezing’ hypoxic cells, enabling a direct read-out of an hypoxic cell fraction.
The hypoxia sensing range for HypoxiTRAK™ is relevant to biomarker and hypoxia-targeting drug development:
- HypoxiTRAK™ is ideal for studies over several days.
- HypoxiTRAK™ read-out is direct with no requirement for cell processing.
- extract statistical information on the distribution of hypoxic experience over both time and treatment conditions
- gain understanding of the spatial hypoxic experience in micro-tissues and spheroids
As no fixation is required, HypoxiTRAK™ can provide a convenient negative selection for cells not experiencing significant hypoxia within heterogeneous populations, including 3D culture.
HypoxiTRAK™ shows low perturbation in the absence of bioactivation while the unique far-red fluorescence signature offers compatibility with other end-point assays for hypoxia that use fluorescence signatures.
in FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY:
- HypoxiTRAK™ is supplied as a faint blue aqueous solution at a concentration of 10μM.
- Products are shipped at ambient temperature, but on receipt packs should be stored at 2-8°C. Do NOT freeze! HypoxiTRAK™ can come out of solution when frozen and it is difficult (but not impossible) to get it back into solution.
- HypoxiTRAK™ can be diluted in culture media (e.g. RPMI 1640) and physiological buffers (eg PBS, Hanks’s, etc.).
You can find much more technical information in the folders below:-
You can view, share and download the information below by clicking on the links:-
HypoxiTRAK™ Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
HypoxiTRAK™ is a NEW product from BioStatus. Check back here to find all the latest publications as they emerge:
HypoxiTRAK™ Application Note (PDF)
Alternatively you can use the Google Scholar facility below to find exactly what you are looking for. Just type other keywords alongside the product name - such as cell type, instrumentation, research area - in the search box below and Google Scholar will find all of the relevant references online!
SAFETY DATA SHEET
What our Customers are saying about HypoxiTRAK™:-
- HypoxiTRAK™ is a NEW product from BioStatus. Be one of the first to review HypoxiTRAK™ and publish your experience here.