Everything you need to know in about 30 seconds!
We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, product, or assistance that you request.
By visiting www.biostatus.com and/or by providing personal data to us through other means you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Collection, use and processing of your personal information
Information we collect automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information, your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as:
* the internet domain through which you access the internet
* the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using
* the type of browser software and operating system you are using
* the date and time you access our site
* the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, for example to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful. We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes. We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other information we collect
We collect information if you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you correspond with us by telephone, email, networking events, conferences, business meetings or through such social media as facebook or twitter and should you complete any forms on our website, www.biostatus.com.
You may provide us with your personal information in several ways:-
* by creating an account with us;
* contacting our customer service teams;
* making an enquiry;
* responding to a marketing communication from us;
* entering a competition;
* providing feedback on the quality of BioStatus’s products or services, or
* when accessing information on our website.
You could provide this information in writing via email, social media or by post; manually on forms at events, meetings or conferences; using our website; or orally, either face-to-face or over the telephone.
We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including from scientific publications, university websites and publicly available information on social media.
We will combine this information with the information you give to us and information we automatically collect about you to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you. We will also use the combined information about you to form a view on what products we think you, or others similar to you, may want or need to target our marketing closer to your interests.
What we collect about you
We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, your job title, street address, the institution or company you represent, your email address, telephone number, and any other information you provide, such as your research interests.
We do not collect personal sensitive data i.e. that relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences and we do not collect information on children.
How we use and process your information
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms: -
* We will use and process your information according to the lawful basis of CONSENT, meaning that you “have given us clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose”. We will use this information to try to fulfil your request and may use it to provide you with additional information at a later time.
* If you request information, products, or assistance, we will only disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfil your request, i.e. trusted third party services providers and partners. These include those who help us run our business (for example, companies that provide support for our website and internal IT systems) or those who help us get our products to you (for example, a courier company that delivers the products you have ordered or a distributor who operates in a country we do not sell to directly). We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
* If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
Other sites and social media
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Opt-in/Opt-out electronic mail/marketing
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information or purchased products from us, provided us with your details when you contacted our customer service teams, entered a competition, registered for a promotion, or accessed information from our website and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
We only want to provide you with marketing communications if you want to hear from us. If you don’t want to receive such communications, you can:-
* Click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every marketing e-mail we send you. In doing so you will be opting out of receiving further electronic mail
* Select the type of marketing communications you would like to receive (or none at all) by clicking on the link in these emails
* Contact us using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages. Please note that stopping marketing messages will not stop any service communications (such as order updates) or requests for feedback.
How long we keep information / data retention
We may keep information that we collect for an unlimited period of time. In line with GDPR requirements we will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your information and your rights
* You have the right to be informed about how we obtain and use your information
* You have the right to have access to the information we hold about you
* You have the right to have your information rectified
* You have the right to request to have your information erased (Right to be Forgotten)
* You have the right to restrict the processing of your information
* You have the right to data portability
* You have the right to object to the processing of your information
* You have the right not to be to subject to automated decision making and profiling
To send a request in relation to any of these rights or to lodge a complaint, please submit a written request to our data representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to complain to the data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to remediate any issues you identify, so please do contact us in the first instance. The contact details for data protection authority in the UK, (Information Commissioner’s Office, ICO) is: https://ico.org.uk.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We also have internal data security policies to protect your personal data, and we regularly review how we can maintain these high standards of privacy.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data (personal data breach) and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our philosophy on data protection
In addition to meeting the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):-
* We have appointed one of our executive team into the role of data representative to ensure that this matter is taken seriously across the whole business and on a continuous basis;
* Everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice, is appropriately trained to do so and is appropriately supervised;
* Individuals rights will be promptly and courteously dealt with;
* We have regular reviews of the way we collect, use and process personal data and will constantly look to uphold to the highest standards the rights and freedoms of the individuals whose data we collect, use and process;
* Appropriate records of processing records are maintained;
* Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated, particularly if new processing takes place or if processing is deemed to present a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals;
* Any breach of personal data will be immediately reported to the ICO and data subjects where necessary.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about the use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site.
We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve this site and to better tailor our marketing efforts. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and may update it from time to time. If we make any changes, we will take appropriate measures to inform you or to obtain your consent, if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our Data Representative by email; email@example.com or by post to 56A Charnwood Road, Shepshed, Leicestershire, LE12 9NP, United Kingdom.